

All of these pictures were taken at wal-mart. They did a great job. Kylie, me, Jessie, and her daughter Brooklyn had a girls day of getting our daughters' pictures taken. It was a lot of fun!
James took this pic on his cell phone. She was really happy about something. I try to tell James it was just gas!
We were in the car drving around trying to find someplace here in NC and I caught a little smile from my phone.
After a bath a couple days ago. Kylie seems to really like her baths now. It is fun to give her them because she has become a fan!
After a bath a couple days ago. Kylie seems to really like her baths now. It is fun to give her them because she has become a fan!Ok so I said I would get on here and type the story of how things happened so if you don't want to read it then you can end now, but for the rest of you here you go...
I had a doctor's appointment on May 27h around noon. We went in and Kylie still wasn't dropping. The doctor asked me at the end of the appointment if I wanted to wait for her to come naturally or not because my due date was the next day. I quickly responded with a no. So he grabbed a nurse to set up an appointment to be induced. James joking told her today would be a great day. As soon as she left the doctor said that usually it take about 5 or 6 days to get an appointment. After he left James and I thought maybe around June 1st which would be ok. Then the nurse walked back in and said you weren't joking today works as long as you guys are ready? We, I'm sure had shoked looks on our faces, but replied with it will work. We had to be to the hospital by 8:00 p.m.
That night we showed up and by about 9:00 they started me on a hormone like pitocin. The doctor said it wouldn't be until tomorrow afternoon when the baby would be here, but if she came any later we would have to do an emergency c-section. They told me to sleep the most I could because I would be pushing a lot the next day. At about 1:00 a.m. I was in a lot of pain from contractions. James tried and tried to get the nurse to come in and check me, but she said that things looked fine. When she finally decided to come in I was dialated to a 4. The nurse was amazed and asked me if I wanted an epidural. I quickly responded with a yes. I was in a lot of pain, however it took until almost 3:30 a.m. for the epidural to be given. As soon as I got it, which it was not painful at all for me, the contraction pains subsided. It was great! (The worst part of the whole experience so far was the two nurses trying to get my IV put in. I got poked 5 times!)
Around 5:00-5:30 I started feeling really sick. James had just dozed off for the first time himself and I yelled at him to get the nurse. By the time they were coming back in the room I was trowing up and the nurse was catching it. However by this time it was a new nurse I barley was meeting. She told me that my doctor was delivering a baby next door and afterwards he would be by to check up on me. When he got there around 6:00 he decided to go ahead a break my water and let the nurse start with my pushing. When the doctor left he said call me 10 minutes before.
The new nurse came in and told me what was going on. She then turned to a young guy who had walked in the room and asked me if it would be alright if this nursing student helped out today. I was so drugged at this point that I didn't care. James later said he looked like he was fresh off the mission and this was going to be an interesting experience!
I pushed for about an hour and a half when the nurse decided to give me pitocin because my contractions weren't regular. After about another half hour the nurse had me stop because I was starting to rip the wrong way. They said that the doctor would have to do an episiotomy. I got nervous and started pushing the button for the epidural so I wouldn't feel a thing. It took a while for the doctor to get there, during which time my contractions had gotten so strong that they were pushing Kylie out on thier own. Once the doctor got there I pretty much pushed once and he had my little girl out! The nurses asked if I wanted her on my chest while they cleaned her up and I of course said yes. They first got her measurements and everything then brought her over to me. She was so beautiful! I had no idea at this point what James was doing, but later I learned that he was paying attention to what the doctor was doing. My placenta didn't come out all the way so he had to scrap it all out. James said he was shocked at how rough the doctor seemed to be and I was so out of it and just paying attention to Kylie.
It was a great day! However James and I had not decided on a name by this point still. We kept talking any chance we got that no one else was around. Finally we decided on Kylie Marie Scheller. Marie is for a cousin of mine that I looked up to, but she passed away a few years ago. She was a great person who wanted the best for anyone, Tina Marie. I only hope Kylie can have as big of heart as Tina did.
Sorry this came so late, but I guess better late than never! I hope you all enjoy the pictures we post and hopefully we will be posting more along with videos soon. With our move to North Carolina we have been really busy and right now we are becomin familiar with the area in hopes that once James starts dental school on August 19th that I won't get lost by myself!






7 comments:
Very good story, but i already knew it! LOL! I am glad that things are gettign settled enough that you have time to get on the computer! Glad Kylie is here and healthy! Love and miss you all! Kisses!
Those pictures are so cute!! I miss you guys! I'm sad to think I may never hold Kylie again :( How horrible. I hope things are going well in NC.
So CUTE!!! I am glad that you wrote your saga down! I forget most of what happens. LOVE YOU!
You have such a cute girl!!! I miss you!!!!!!!!!
The pictures are adorable and i'm glad to know the story.
I can't wait to meet her!!
Kylie is so cute and beautiful! I wish I could have seen her before you left, How is North Carolina? I have always wanted to go there, I bet it's so pretty! I'm sorry you had to push so long! I had to push like 3 times total with both of my boys. Next baby take red raspberry herbs, they help so things stretch a lot easier! I took them with conner and I didn't tear at all! It was such an easy recovery!!
Congratulations on having your baby! You are going to be a great mom. How are you liking dental school in North Carolina?
Post a Comment