Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

3 Weeks Left and More!


ATTENTION: Read to the end to get the best part of this post, it's a video of Kylie.


I haven’t been posting much lately and I know I should, but since my last post we have had a million things going on. We had Thanksgiving, Christmas, moving into a new apartment, gestational diabetes test, New Years, my Birthday, Valentine’s Day and I’m sure there are a lot of other things that I can’t currently remember (you know pregnancy brain).

First off the Holidays were great, but busy. We spent time going back and forth from James’ parent’s house. His entire family was there, except Sarah’s (James’ sister) husband who was deployed. It was the first time for me to be around the entire family at one time. It was crazy, but fun!


We finally found out that our old landlord was going to let us out of our contract a few months early and had very little time to find an apartment and move. Luckily I had been looking for a while and we already had a few places in mind. We found a place and went to check it out before Thanksgiving. At the end of the week we were meeting up with the new landlord to sign paperwork to move in starting December 14th. It was crazy how fast it moved. So we started our move before Christmas, but had until January 21st to be completely out of our old apartment. I’m so happy with our new place. We are on a top floor so no noisy neighbors above us and our new apartment was built in 2006 and not 1980’s (I think that is when our last place was built). We LOVE our new place!

Two days after Christmas, I know I planned this one well, I had my gestational diabetes test. Luckily I passed and could continue my pregnancy the way I had been.

For my Birthday, James took me to Applebee’s, one of my favorite places to eat. I was excited leading up to my Birthday because I had watched the new Applebee’s get built about 5 minutes from our new apartment! It was great! I feel really old, but I know my parents do to ;) because I am their youngest and I’m 26.

Valentine’s Day was fun! Kylie and I stayed home and made cards and decorated a little for James. However he came home (lucky for us before we started) with two dozen roses and a box of chocolates for me and a little box for Kylie. I think Kylie loved getting her own box. She was really excited!

Now to the most exciting news! I have 3 weeks today until my due date! I really can’t wait to be done being pregnant, but I’m a little nervous about being home all day by myself with two little ones. I’m sure I can do it because there are so many out there who do, but I’m still nervous. I’m sure Kylie will be such a great help because she is already helping me so much with things. I’ve had a few small contractions, but nothing regular. Too bad because I think it would be really cool to have a baby on February 29th! Oh well, James won’t be around tomorrow (he’ll be about an hour and a half away) and I don’t feel like going into labor without him close enough to be there when things start to happen!

Another really big feat that we accomplished since being in our new apartment was getting Kylie completely potty trained! YAY! Ok well not completely, she still wears a diaper at night, but most nights she wakes up with a dry diaper. She can even go to the bathroom and do it all by herself other than wipe of course, but I was excited to get this done so we would only have one kid in diapers. Didn’t want to have to change two kids diapers.

Now that I have bored everyone with a long update on what is going on in the Scheller household, I will leave you with something Kylie did last night and hasn’t really stopped talking about doing it again since. (Sorry if this video doesn't work, I'll try to figure out why.)


3 comments:

Tina Braegger said...

you look so good!! Are you really having a baby in 3 weeks! Crazy, time just flew! Little Kylie is adorable as well. So glad you guys are doing well. Can't wait to see the new brother!! :)

James said...

I have missed you guys! You're so close to baby #2. You can do it. Thankfully Kylie is older, so she can understand more and help more. That helps. Can't believe Kylie was so brave to jump so high on that tramp! Miss you guys.

James said...

this is Kayleen. sorry :)