Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Barrett James Scheller

March 20th, on his actual due date, Barrett James Scheller made his appearance. He weighed 7lbs 8oz, was 20 3/4in long and his head circumference was 13 3/4in. He is a great little guy and sleeps better at night than Kylie did. I don't actually have to hold him most of the time. He will sleep for about 3 hour stretches at night. We try to keep him up for a couple little stretches throughout the day, once in the morning and again in the evening. He is a nursing pro as well as a pooping one too!
Kylie is doing great with him for the most part. We have to keep reminding her that he is little and fragile so she must be careful around her little brother. She was completely potty trianed other than at night where she slept in a diaper, but hardly ever wet in it. However now we have had more accidents than while we were potty training her. I know she just wants a little more attention. That is why it has taken this long to post anything on here because anytime I have not taking care of Barrett is dedicated to Kylie. She was so used to having mommy's complete attention and now she has to share it with Barrett who requires a lot of attention. Poor girl, but we are trying. James comes home from school and has been taking her to the park. I try to take a little time at night that is just for her and me before James heads off the bed.
It has been an adjustment to get used to having two kids. Our house isn't as clean as it usually is and it usually is pretty clean. Dishes can go a couple days without being done and laundry gets backed up both weeks we have had Barrett here so far. James has been pretty patient with me as well has helping me out around the house. We love having two kids and are happy for such great ones (so far)! I hope Barrett is a lot like Kylie because she is a loving, caring little girl and I really hope he can be mild tempered just like her.
I'll post the birth story later for anyone who cares, but for now here are some pictures:
Barrett at home with his eyes open.
Barrett, Kylie, and Mommy (One day old)
Barrett, Kylie, and Daddy (Day of birth) First thing Kylie said when she saw her little brother for the first time was (in a little girl, girly voice), "He's so cute." Holding out the word cute. She is so sweet! Love our little girl.
Barrett not long after he was born.
Kylie and Barrett first day home from the hospital. Yes they were both sporting UNC gear because of March Madness going on. We were cheering for them!
Our "Little Man"
Daddy and Barrett sleeping. (about 1 week old)
Kylie and Barrett sleeping(2 weeks old). They both fell asleep and so I couldn't resist taking such a great picture of them. However the picture turned sideways and I'm not sure how. So just turn your head to the right a little and you can see the picture correctly. ;) Love our two little ones. They are so special and precious!

5 comments:

James said...

that one of kylie and barrett asleep together is so adorable! Congrats you guys! so happy for you :) Good luck with repotty training. Hopefully it doesn't last long. (Kayleen)

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Congrats!! He's so sweet!!!!!

Travis and Sherise said...

Yay!! Huge congrats Ashley!! He's beautiful and so tiny (those long skinny limbs don't make an appearance at this house). So sweet! Hope you are well and that we get to see you again someday soon!
(Love the one of the kiddos asleep together)

Tina Braegger said...

yay!! CONGRATS! He is so cute!! Your litle girl is getting so big too :)

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh my goodness, I love the two kids sleeping! By the way, we are over sickness in this house now, so you better drop Kylie off OFTEN and get some catch-up on sleep, cleaning, or anything else you need! We'll plan a day tomorrow at play group.

P.S. That trampoline video in the last post was crazy. I think Annabelle would die. Kylie is very brave!